NDC (Norwegian Developer Conference) has just ended its 12th consecutive event in Oslo. As always, the speaker list contained some big international names combined with some local talent. The agenda contained 185 talks divided in 10 simultaneous tracks, ranging through 45 different technologies. It's impossible to manage all the talks, but luckily they're made available online.
Novanet made a presence at NDC with several employees attending, and we also had our own stand with a self-made arcade machine and self-made game!
Together we covered a lot of the talks and compiled this collection of recommendations. The talks are ordered in alphabetical order in two categories:
- Advanced Azure App Services (K. Scott Allen)
- Correcting common async/await mistakes in .NET (Brandon Minnick)
- Hack to the future (Troy Hunt)
- It's about time (Christin Gorman)
- Writing allocation free code in C# (Matt Ellis)
- Architecture: the stuff thats hard to change (Dylan Beattie)
- C#8 and beyond (Filip Ekberg)
- Drones and AI - What's all the fuzz about (Adam Stephensen)
- Futurology for developers (Mark Rendle)
- How to hack an election (Gary Short)
- ML BuzzWords Demystified (Oleksandra Sopova & Natalia An)
- Monolithic Decomposition Patterns (Sam Newman)
- Panel discussion on the future of .NET (Brady, Fowler, Lerman, Allen)
- Privacy and GDPR: What all developers should know (Johannes Brodwall)
- Trying to learn C# (Patricia Aas)
- Writing a neural net from scratch (Joe Albahari)
All the videos from NDC can be found here:
If we're missing something, please use the comments section!